Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Regular practice of Sun Salutation benefits your body with:
• Increased blood oxygenation by copious lung ventilation and this is great news for your heart.
• Stretches and tones your muscles keeping them supple and flexible.
• Clears your elimination channels helping your body rid itself of toxins. This is especially good in the morning after many hours of lack of movement during sleep (the lymphatic system eliminates toxins through movement).
• Stimulates and tones your Endocrine system (especially the Thyroid, the master gland that controls all the other glands).
• Tones up the internal abdominal organs by alternate stretching, compression cycles that results in better digestion and bowel movement.
• Increases spine and waist flexibility.
The mental benefits of Sun Salutation are similar with meditation
• Increase your mental focus and concentration.
• Reduce depression, anxiety and stress by reducing key markers like Cortisol.
• Increase the quantity of “good mood” neurotransmitters like Serotonin.
• Increase mind to body coordination which is very good especially for older persons.
Posted by yoga_swee at Tuesday, October 19, 2010